Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
7
matching items
Decade
1900-1909
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Burk's Falls Ont. West Side of Town
    Image       Colour illustrated postcard of the village of Burk's Falls from the west side of town. In the foreground there's a factory with lumber in its yard, possibly the Knight Brother's Factory. Behind the factory is the Magnetawan River. Across the river are houses. On the back of the postcard is ...
    Image     Colour illustrated postcard of the village of Burk's Falls from the west side of town. In the foreground there's a factory with lumber in its yard, possibly the Knight Brother's ...
  • Wooden Water Dam, Magnetawan, circa 1900
    Image       Black and white photograph of the first dam built on the Magnetawan River, which was built between 1885 -1886. There is water overflowing the damn and there's a foot bridge over the river. In the background there's a home.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the first dam built on the Magnetawan River, which was built between 1885 -1886. There is water overflowing the damn and there's a foot bridge ...
  • The Boats of Burk's Falls
    Video       An elderly man from the Burk's Falls area is interviewed and gives a slide show of various boats that sailed in the area in the early twentieth century.
    Video     An elderly man from the Burk's Falls area is interviewed and gives a slide show of various boats that sailed in the area in the early twentieth century.
  • The Armour Pulling into the Boat Lock, circa 1905
    Image       Black and white photograph of the Armour steamship coming up to the locks in Magnetawan. In the background the village can be seen. The Armour is entering at the low end of the lock. Once inside it will be raised and then it will continue its trip.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the Armour steamship coming up to the locks in Magnetawan. In the background the village can be seen. The Armour is entering at the low ...
  • Houses on Richmond Street
    ImageText       Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor Lumber Company. The building at the top of the hill is St. Paul's Lutheran Church 1885-1913. The white house is ...
    ImageText     Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor ...
  • Water Going Over a Bridge Near the Waterfalls, South River, April 29th, 1908
    Imagecomment       "The Falls, South River. Apr. 29th/08"
    Imagecomment     "The Falls, South River. Apr. 29th/08"
  • Sunday School Picinic on the Dunbar's Paddle Boat, circa 1900
    Image       Handwritten on the front of the photograph: "George Dunbar", "James Dunbar", "Dave Dunbar, "Otis Du", "Wile Dun" & "1890 To 1900 owener by James Dunbar." Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Aunt Millicent went on picnic ate on boat - Sunday School Picnic 1900 - 1910." Written on the ...
    Image     Handwritten on the front of the photograph: "George Dunbar", "James Dunbar", "Dave Dunbar, "Otis Du", "Wile Dun" & "1890 To 1900 owener by James Dunbar." Handwritten on the back of ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit