Picture of the old South River Public School. It was a two story brick building with two entrances. Likely, one was for boys and the other for girls. The top of the building has a belfry for a school bell. This school was built in 1902. The original copy of the photograph was likely a tintype.
Picture of the South River Public School taken during the winter of 1948. The shed from the above picture, on the left side of the building has been taken away.
Picture of the new South River Public School taken in the summer around 1970. A single story unlike the school which came before it. This new school was built in 1968.
Hand drawn picture of S. S. No. 7, Machar. This picture was drawn around 1980 by A. O'Hagan. For a more realistic image keep reading.
The real S. S. #7 Machar. Known as the Hawthorne School. This picture was taken around 1970. The school was built in 1902. This replaced the S. S. #1 which was a log school house.
Photograph of the Brennan School which resides in the South River Area. This was taken in the 1960s. The word on the plaque is "SKIING."
This was formerly a schoolhouse, to be exact it was School Section #3, Machar Township. It was likely a one room school when it was built. This picture was taken around 1970
This is a picture of School Section #4 Machar. It was more formally known as the Hamilton Lake School. This picture was taken about 1970. The original school was built in the late 1890's or early 1900's. However the original building was burned on July 23, 1923.
When the Machar School Section #2 burned down on July 23, 1923 this Orange Hall was used for classes until a new school could be built.
Coming over a snow-covered hill is the Laurier School. There are no tracks leading up to the school. There is an expansive forest in the background.
A snow covered one-room schoolhouse. The path to the Laurier School is well used. If you look carefully you can see a child standing between the entrance and the school building.
This is a picture of the Old Hamilton Lake School in the winter. The school appears to only have a single room. The Old Hamilton Lake School burned down in the summer of 1923 and the new school would open early in 1924.
Another snow-covered single room school house. This is the school at Hamilton Lake. Hamilton Lake Public School first opened in January 1924. It looks as though there hasn't been any people at the school since the last snowfall.
A side view of a stone schoolhouse, School Section #1. This schoolhouse was built in 1902. After the closing of the school, the building was converted into the "Porcupine Lodge," a summer residence for the owner.
Another view of School Section #1. Again this schoolhouse was built in 1902. After closing, the building was converted into the "Porcupine Lodge," a summer residence for the owner. In this picture you can see the back entrance to the building.