The History of South River-Machar, Ontario
Shrines of South River
Chalmer's United Church from Across the Street
Chalmer's United Church from Across the Street Details

Chalmer's United Church. It is a brick building. There is a sign outside the church on the left side. On the right side of the building there is a large cross. There is a paved road running in front of the church.

Chalmers United Church Choir, 1952
Chalmers United Church Choir, 1952 Details

Chalmers United Church Choir, 1952. The first two rows contain the choir's women members, who are dressed in choir gowns and holding their hymn books. The third row contains the choir's male members, dressed in formal attire. The Reverend is standing to the far right of the picture. There is no information on the names of the members of the choir.

Chalmer's United Church, South River
Chalmer's United Church, South River Details

Another image of Chalmer's United Church in South River. It is a brick building. There is a sign outside the church which has been cut off. On the right side of the building there is a large cross. On the left side of the foyer is a large tank.

Exterior of St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake
Exterior of St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake Details

The exterior of St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake. This Church at Eagle Lake was built in 1888.

Pew and Window inside St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake
Pew and Window inside St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake Details

Black and white photograph of a bright church window inside St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake. There is a shadowed pew. In front of the pew is a shelf with hymn books on it.

Altar of the St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake
Altar of the St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake Details
The altar of the St. John's Anglican Church at Eagle Lake.
Eagle Lake United Church
Eagle Lake United Church Details

This chapel is the Eagle Lake United Church. It is located along the side of a road just inside the forest.

Church of Christ, South River
Church of Christ, South River Details

Church of Christ, South River. The church was built in 1979 and paid for by donations from the congregation. All of the Churches of Christ is independent with no headquartres.

Grace Anglican Church
Grace Anglican Church Details

An image of the Grace Anglican Church. The church was on Ottawa Avenue in South River Ontario. The name of the church can be seen over the entrance.

St. Augustine's Catholic Church
St. Augustine's Catholic Church Details

A picture of St. Augustine's Catholic Church. The church was on the corner of Isbaella in South River Ontario.

Old South River Gospel Hall
Old South River Gospel Hall Details
South River's Old Gospel Hall in the winter with many parishioners standing outside.
South River Gospel Hall, circa 1950
South River Gospel Hall, circa 1950 Details

Here is an image of the South River Gospel Hall taken about 1950. The original Gospel Hall was built around 1900. The sign on the church has 'BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD WHICH TAKETH AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD' written on it.

Methodist Choir, 1917
Methodist Choir, 1917 Details

South River's Methodist Choir. The picture was taken around 1917.

In the front row is: T. D. Bell, Pastor William Schmidt, Hiram Bessy, Clinton Jackman & George Windrim.

Second Row: Annie Bessy, ? ?, Eva Bessy, Olive Windrim, Roxey Windrim, Beatrice Scott.

Third Row: Amy Erb, May Carter, Mrs. Clinton Jackman, Myrtle Boyd, Margaret Erb & Delores Scott.

Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit