Black and white photograph of a home in the middle of a field. The field is surrounded by trees. The homestead is located on Con. 55, Lot 15 on Eagle Lake Road.
Black and white photograph of the Bow Family farm. The far right side of the farmhouse is original. The rest was added at a later time.
Robert M. Carter was the owner of the home in 1903. He opened the first General Store in South River in 1885. He was also clerk for Machar and sold insurance. The Carters came to South Rivers from Brussels, Ontario.
Picture of the Cole homestead, which was located two miles west of South River. The home was built in 1901.
Black and white photograph of an abandoned house. At one time it had been the Cole family's original homestead. There is just more than a wood frame now. There are no doors or windows. There is just open gaping holes where they should be. There is grass coming out of melting snow. The homestead was built in 1901.
The farmhouse which had been owned by the Dahms family. The home has since been abandoned. There are yellow plants growing towards the building. There are only gaping holes where there were windows. There are no doors visible either. Just more gaping holes.
This was originally John Hansen's house, a pioneer homesteader of the South River area. He received a 100 acre land grant at lots 8 and 9, Concession 4, in Machar Township. John Hansen farmed this land until his death in 1932.
A black and white photograph of the Haufschild homestead. The house is in a state of disrepair due to age. The wooden walls of the home are well worn and weeds are about 3 feet high surrounding the building. The windows are gone, there are only empty holes.
Picture of the Hawthorne family's stone homestead. The farm was located near Eagle Lake.
Colour photograph of Charlie Maeck's farmhouse. Charles Maeck lived from 1882 to 1956.
A picture of a red farmhouse with a green roof, which was owned by Harvey Minor.
Black and white photograph of a dilapidated farm house which had been owned by the McKee family. A few windows are boarded up. Most of them are gaping holes where there should be windows. The shingles are coming off the roof. The back half of the house looks to be an addition to the original house.
Black and white photograph of a farm and farmhouse owned by Thomas Quirt. This farm is located on Lot 21 Con. 7 in Machar. In the background is a farmhouse. On the right side is a barn.
This is a photo of the Old Ralston farm. The crops and livestock on the farm included: potatoes, lettuce and cattle. The farm and the land was later donated to the Seventh Day Adventist Mission after the death of the last owner.
This house was built by H.Robb around 1885. The house stayed in the family until 1932. In 1932 the house and surrounding farm was sold to Charles Quirt, who sold it to Henry and Emma Erven in 1935. They lived on the homestead until 1967, after which the land became the Eagle Lake Golf Course.
Colour picture of the Schneider family farm was built by Henry Schneider. At the time the picture was taken Walter Schneider owns this house.