Storefront in South River, circa 1985
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a storefront in South River. There are two display windows, but both of them are empty. There's a sign in the left window. It could be store hours or it could be an eviction notice. There's a 1970s corvette parked in front of the store. It looks as though there's an apartment above the store.
- The building was built between 1890 - 1900. It was originally a confectionery and watchmaker's store operated by W. H. Chapman. At the time the second story was a tailor shop. This store was often referred to as Russ Wood's store. Mr. Woods was another owner of the building, he ran a grocery and confectionery store. He ran the store until his death in 1980. When the picture was taken the building is empty.
- Date of Original
- circa 1985
- Date Of Event
- circa 1985
Width: 4 in
Height: 3 in
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 4in
Image Height: 3in
- Local identifier
- Postcard Binder
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.8334 Longitude: -79.38293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- South River - Machar Union PLEmail
Agency street/mail address
For inquiries about our content, contact
Address: P. O. Box 190, 63 Marie St., South River, ON P0A 1X0