- Media Type:
- A black and white photo of Harry Ellicott.
- Harry Ellicott was the son of Joseph and Susan Ellicott, who came to Canada around 1840 with Susan's parents John and Elizabeth Tolsher. They purchased Lots 16 and 17, Concession 4, being the land north west of what is now Taunton Road and Church St. The family still owned this land into the 1950's. All the above mentioned family members rest in the Bethel or Ellicott Cemetary which occupies about an acre on the southwest corner of the 5th Concession and Sideline 16. The cemetary seems to have taken its name from Bethel Church, a small church which stood on the site until 1902 when it was torn down.
- Local identifier:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Ajax Public Library
Agency street/mail address
55 Harwood Avenue S.