Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
45
matching items
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School History 1962-1982
        In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical and Vocational Training Agreement with substantial grants for the composite academic, commercial and technical educational facilities. The Oakville Board was ...
      In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced ...
  • Linbrook Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 1079 Linbrook Road, east of Chartwell and south of ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Sketch of S.S. #16, Trafalgar, the Sixteen Schoolhouse
        Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate reads: Presented to Abbey Lane School in Honour of the Official Opening by the Halton Elementary Teachers Association, April 29, 1997?? 1957?? (the year is not clear and the school website has no history of the school). (Abbey ...
      Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate ...
  • S.S.#14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The small building on the right is the shed which protected the well. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School, 1950 Students
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, 1936/37 Maple Grove School Students
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
  • S.S. #6, Omagh Public School
        A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. The one room, red brick schoolhouse was constructed in 1876 and demolished after 92 years. It was located on Five Sideroad, Oakville, just north of Omagh General Store.
      A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
        Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that ...
      Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar in 1948
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school. A small building on the site ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
  • S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966. S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. There ...
      Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower ...
  • Percy W. Merry Public School, 1963-1964 Grade 5
        The 1963-64 Grade 5 class at Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. It is thought the teacher is Mrs. Bradley. Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1950's to early 1960's, a number of ...
      The 1963-64 Grade 5 class at Percy W. Merry Public School, Trafalgar ...
  • W.H. Morden Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 180 Morden Road, just north of Rebecca Street in ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Pine Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 529 Fourth Line south of Speers Road. Charles Oland ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Munn's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Daniel Munn, who owned the land around Sixth Line and Dundas Street that eventually became the hamlet ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Maple Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Maple Grove contains both the former S.S. No. 12 building on the left as well as the ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Lorne Skuce Elementary School, 1960's
        This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. In March 1997, a fire destroyed much of the school, arson was thought to be the cause. Lorne L. Skuce was a Superintendent of Public Schools. Ridge Drive runs east off Sixth Line and the school building is ...
      This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. ...
  • S.S. #10 Trafalgar aka the Little White Schoolhouse
        In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection of Tenth Line and Britannia Roads in the former Trafalgar Township, Halton County. This area originated as part of Trafalgar Township, later amalgamated into Toronto Township, Peel County. Approximately 50 pupils, including many adults, attended when the school ...
      In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection ...
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, Maple Grove Student Body, 1928
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
  • S.S. #4 Trafalgar, Snider's School Students, 1901
        The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. The photographer over-exposed the right side of the image in the original. The final quality problem is that the resolution of the image in our record is lower. This all makes it difficult to see the people in ...
      The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit