Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
8
matching items
  • E.A. Orr Public School, 1960's
        The former school, now a retirement home, is located at 380 Sherin Drive, Oakville, Ontario. Mr. E. A. Orr was a Councillor for the Township of Trafalgar ca the 1930's. Charles Oland owned his own studio in Oakville, Ontario. His family lived in "Snow Manor" on Wilson Street. His work ...
      The former school, now a retirement home, is located at 380 Sherin ...
  • Lorne Skuce Elementary School, 1960's
        This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. In March 1997, a fire destroyed much of the school, arson was thought to be the cause. Lorne L. Skuce was a Superintendent of Public Schools. Ridge Drive runs east off Sixth Line and the school building is ...
      This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. ...
  • Maple Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Maple Grove contains both the former S.S. No. 12 building on the left as well as the ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Munn's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Daniel Munn, who owned the land around Sixth Line and Dundas Street that eventually became the hamlet ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Pine Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 529 Fourth Line south of Speers Road. Charles Oland ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • W.H. Morden Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 180 Morden Road, just north of Rebecca Street in ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Palermo Public School, ca1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The Trafalgar Township village of Palermo was centered around the "Dundas Highway" and Bronte Road in modern-day ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Snider's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located on Burnhamthorpe Road at Ninth line, north east corner. It ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit