Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
30
matching items
  • Mrs. Brownridge
        Mrs. Ruth Brownridge taught at Glenorchy, Coyne, Omagh and Percy W. Merry School. Her husband, Bob Brownridge, was a rural postal driver for many years. They farmed on the Fourth Line, Trafalgar.
      Mrs. Ruth Brownridge taught at Glenorchy, Coyne, Omagh and Percy W. Merry ...
  • School Attendance Certificate of Edith Kathleen Devlin, 1916
        This Certificate is awarded to Edith Kathleen Devlin for being present every shool day during the year Nineteen Hundred and Sixteen. Hattie S. Johnstone, teacher.
      This Certificate is awarded to Edith Kathleen Devlin for being present every ...
  • Teaching Contract between Ethel Wettlaufer and Trafalgar Township School Area, 1949
        Teaching contract signed on April 5th, 1949 between Trafalgar Township School Area in the County of Halton and Mrs. Ethel Wettlaufer. The salary was $190 a month beginning the 6th of September, 1949.
      Teaching contract signed on April 5th, 1949 between Trafalgar Township School Area ...
  • Oakville High School 1913
        The cornerstone of the Oakville High School located on Reynolds Street was laid in 1908, prior to that it had been housed in the old Oakville Public School building. in 1947 it was renamed Oakville Trafalgar High School. In 1992 it was moved to its current location on Devon Road.
      The cornerstone of the Oakville High School located on Reynolds Street was ...
  • S.S. # 7-Miss Smith and Students
        In back row from left to right are: Miss Smith, Helen Chisholm, Marion (last name unknown), Bernice Boyd, Laura Peacock, (identity unknown), Ralph Featherston and Ken Pewtress. In the front row from left to right are: Margaret Saunders, Harriett Peacock, Mary Bailey, Elsie Boyd, Willard Featherston, Clarence Peacock, Lloyd Boyd ...
      In back row from left to right are: Miss Smith, Helen Chisholm, ...
  • Eckhardt and Ethel Wettlaufer Outside S.S. No. 2, Palermo School
        S.S. #2, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. This building is the third school on the site; it was constructed in 1942-1943. It still stands today and is the home of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society, restored to be a working one-room schoolhouse. The extensive Glenorchy Conservation Area is behind it. Ethel Wettlaufer ...
      S.S. #2, Palermo, Trafalgar Township. This building is the third school on ...
  • Jim Babinetz and Janet Lees
        Jim Babinetz and Janet Lees photographed by the Oakville newspaper after Jim was allowed to have a new medical exam after initially being dropped from Lakeshore Teachers college. The link on the right below the photograph and above the map, is to a Toronto Star photograph by Frank Teskey, now ...
      Jim Babinetz and Janet Lees photographed by the Oakville newspaper after Jim ...
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo in 1951.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo ...
  • Palermo School 1951
        Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
      Students from Palermo School gather with their teacher for a school photo.
  • S.S. No. 2, Palermo School Class Picture
        Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back row, centre. The teacher is his mother Ethel Wettlaufer. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, starting in 1944 and through into the 1950s. Her teaching contracts are shown as individual records ...
      Students gather for a school photo. Ron Wettlaufer stands in the back ...
  • S.S. #2 Palermo School Photo
        This is school photo at S.S. #2, the Palermo school during the 1930s. On the far left in the back row is George Wettlaufer. Second from the left in the middle row is Harold Wettlaufer. The teacher is Mima Bullock.
      This is school photo at S.S. #2, the Palermo school during the ...
  • McCurdy's School 1958
        S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at the corner of Derry Road and 9th Line where the hamlet was known as "McCurdy's Corners". Pictured here is teacher Jack Loos with 27 pupils. The brick school was later use as a community hall until 1969 when ...
      S.S. #8 Trafalgar was founded in the 1830s and was located at ...
  • Maud, Ida and Erma Norton, Teachers
        A group photograph of the three daughters of Theophilus and Ann Norton of Glen Williams, Ontario. Individual photographs of Maud, Erma and Ida can be seen by by opening the pull-down menu under "pages" in this record. All three girls trained and worked as schoolteachers. Maud taught at S.S. #2, ...
      A group photograph of the three daughters of Theophilus and Ann Norton ...
  • U.S.S. No. 17, Ash Public School
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
  • Gladys (McCleary) Speers
        Pictured is Gladys (McCleary) Speers. Miss McCleary was teaching at Trafalgar's S.S. #8 when her sister Violet was a student. Many of her students went right through Grade 8 without ever having another teacher, and many years later she called each one by name, although they had married and had ...
      Pictured is Gladys (McCleary) Speers. Miss McCleary was teaching at Trafalgar's S.S. ...
  • S.S. #6, Omagh Public School
        Pictured here is teacher Bruce Woodruff with 32 students at S.S. #6, Trafalgar, Omagh Public School. The red brick, one-room school house at Omagh, constructed in 1876 was levelled in 1968. It was located on Five Sideroad, Oakville, just north of Omagh General Store.
      Pictured here is teacher Bruce Woodruff with 32 students at S.S. #6, ...
  • S.S. #7, Sixth Line School
        S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south side of Derry Road, just east of Sixth Line. It closed in 1968. Pictured here is Mrs. Vansickle, a substitute for Miss Jennie Shirrif who was ill, and 28 students.
      S.S. #7 was built in 1870 and was located on the south ...
  • Coyne Public School, S.S. #9
        Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge who taught all 8 grades for many years, and her students. The original school, a log building, was built in ...
      Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base ...
  • Bob & Ruth Brownridge
        Bob had just retired from delivering mail on R.R. 1. Ruth and Bob married on July 15, 1931. Ruth was a long-time, much loved schoolteacher in Halton County.
      Bob had just retired from delivering mail on R.R. 1. Ruth and ...
  • Bob Brownridge Snow Plowing
        Bob did the rural route postal delivery for years. His wife, Ruth, was a well-known schoolteacher in Trafalgar Township, teaching at Coyne, Glenorchy, Omagh and Percy W. Merry public schools. Their farm was on the 4th Line. In 2005, the North Halton Compass (Eden Mills, ON) printed an extensive "Shoebox ...
      Bob did the rural route postal delivery for years. His wife, Ruth, ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit