Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
23
matching items
  • S.S. #4, Snider's School, 1937
        S.S. No. 4 Trafalgar 1937
      S.S. No. 4 Trafalgar 1937
  • S.S. #4, Snider's School, 1939
        Barb (Royle) Ford 1939
      Barb (Royle) Ford 1939
  • 1991 Photographs of the House at 1499 Dundas Street East
        This was the farmhouse at 1499 Dundas Street East or Lot 6 Concession 1 NDS in the area of Ninth Line and Dundas. Unfortunately, it is demolished but we have a number of photographs of the farmhouse taken in different years - the latest being these taken in 1991, a ...
      This was the farmhouse at 1499 Dundas Street East or Lot 6 ...
  • Shea Farmhouse, Snider's Corners
        This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In modern terms, this is located just west of where the intersection of 8th Line and Burnhamthorpe Road East would be if the Eighth Line came up to Burnhamthorpe, in Oakville. The area was Snider's Corners which was centered ...
      This farmhouse was on Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township. In ...
  • E.H. (Harry) Post Farmhouse, 9th Line
        The attached picture is of the old E.H. (Harry) Post farm house on the 9th Line near Burnhamthorpe, (Snider's Corners area). William H. Post and Elen (Nellie), nee Secord also raised their family on this farm until they moved to a fruit farm on Macdonald Road. Children Myrtle, Benita and ...
      The attached picture is of the old E.H. (Harry) Post farm house ...
  • Burnhamthorpe Road East Farmhouse
        This photograph was taken in about 2009, just before demolition. The properties of 1288 and 1264 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville, Ontario were owned by developers and the demolition had proper authorization from the Town of Oakville. Unfortunately, we now don't know which property this house had been on. Both properties ...
      This photograph was taken in about 2009, just before demolition. The properties ...
  • Farmhouse, 1141 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
        This farm was located just west of Snider's Corners at Ninth Line on Burnhamthorpe Road. It is listed in the Town of Oakville Heritage Register, properly called the "Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (NOT Designated) and in 2015, the house is still standing. The photograph was ...
      This farm was located just west of Snider's Corners at Ninth Line ...
  • 1158 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville, Ontario
        At time of writing in November 2014, this house is still standing although vandalized. It sits on the south side of Burnhamthorpe Road, just west of the old Snider's Corners at Ninth Line, Oakville. This area is being prepared for development and there are a number of boarded up, fenced ...
      At time of writing in November 2014, this house is still standing ...
  • 160 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
        This old nineteenth century farmhouse was moved to its present location in a field by the brother of Sybil Rampen. It was the home of "Granny" Watson and her family of eight children for many years. As of November 2014, the house has been badly damaged by neglect and vandals ...
      This old nineteenth century farmhouse was moved to its present location in ...
  • 273 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
        This photograph of the 20th century farmhouse was taken in 2010. An older house had been built on this farm on Lot 2 NDS Con. 13 in 1841 by Evan Jones, along with outbuildings and a 20th century gambrel barn. The house is on the Town of Oakville 2007 Heritage ...
      This photograph of the 20th century farmhouse was taken in 2010. An ...
  • Shea Family, 1897
        A formal photograph of the Shea family taken at the front entrance to the farmhouse, Lot 7 Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township in 1897. This is located just west of where the intersection of 8th Line and Burnhamthorpe Road East would be if the Eighth Line came up to Burnhamthorpe, ...
      A formal photograph of the Shea family taken at the front entrance ...
  • 4076 Ninth Line, Oakville, 1980's
        4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just north of Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville. The area is known as Snider's Corners. Today, it is the home of a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall. There are two photographs of the house in this record. To see the other ...
      4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just ...
  • Snider's School Opening Program, November 29, 1956
        Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, 1956 Programme: 1. Senior Choir... O Canada, Mary and Martha, Hark Ye What Angel Voices 2. Junior Choir... Ships, The Lords My Shepard, Rocking 3. Triple Trio... Christmas Hymn, Whence O Shepherd Maiden 4. Autumn Leaves... A Dance ...
      Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, ...
  • Snider's School Students, S.S. #4 Trafalgar
        An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar, Snider's School. No people have been identified to us. The old one-room S.S. #4 Snider's School was closed in 1956. The building was used as a house until 2010 when it was torn down for ...
      An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. ...
  • S.S. #4 Trafalgar, Snider's School Students, 1901
        The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. The photographer over-exposed the right side of the image in the original. The final quality problem is that the resolution of the image in our record is lower. This all makes it difficult to see the people in ...
      The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. ...
  • Wesley Methodist Church, Snider's Corners
        The front door faced south onto Burnhamthorpe Road. Snider's Corners was a large rural area centered around the church, school and community centre at the intersection of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road, Lot 6 NDS Con 2 Halton County. The area was opened as part of Trafalgar Township in Halton ...
      The front door faced south onto Burnhamthorpe Road. Snider's Corners was a ...
  • Snider's Public School Girls Basketball Team, 1956-57.
        Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
      Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession ...
  • Snider Farmhouse, 1481 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
        Handwritten on the back of this postcard, a neighbour has written, "The original Snider house on back concession near 9th line." See this in the 2nd image in this record. No date for the photograph or post card is provided. This Oakville house address is 1481 Burnhamthorpe Road East, near ...
      Handwritten on the back of this postcard, a neighbour has written, "The ...
  • Snider's School, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar Township
        Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
      Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession ...
  • Snider's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located on Burnhamthorpe Road at Ninth line, north east corner. It ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit