Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
15
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Sketches of the Kaitting/King House and Barn
    Image       2 sketches of the house built by the Kaitting family and then sold to George H. and Jessie King in 1910 who called it "Kingsholm", and a sketch of a barn on the farm by grandson, Malcolm Cleghorn. The house stood at 237 Dundas St. W., north side just east ...
    Image     2 sketches of the house built by the Kaitting family and then sold to George H. and Jessie King in 1910 who called it "Kingsholm", and a sketch of a ...
  • Mrs. G. King, Milking, 1959
    ImageText       The photograph caption reads: CHAMPION MILKED - Glen Leonard Bessie, owned by George and Gordon King, of Kingsholm Farm, Trafalgar, is milked by Mrs. Gordon King, the 1956 Ontario Dairy Queen. Gordon King holds Bessie while his father George, watches as the animal displays her championship form. Article title: BESSIE ...
    ImageText     The photograph caption reads: CHAMPION MILKED - Glen Leonard Bessie, owned by George and Gordon King, of Kingsholm Farm, Trafalgar, is milked by Mrs. Gordon King, the 1956 Ontario Dairy ...
  • 1280 Dundas Street West, 1990's
    Image       To view the other 5 photographs in this record, click on "Pages" "Select. The photos were taken for the Town of Oakville in 1990 or 1991. This property was Concession 1, Pt. Lot 23, SDS, on the southwest corner of the Sixteen Mile Creek and Dundas Street West, Oakville, at ...
    Image     To view the other 5 photographs in this record, click on "Pages" "Select. The photos were taken for the Town of Oakville in 1990 or 1991. This property was Concession ...
  • 1524 Dundas Street West, 1991
    Image       This farmhouse was likely on Concession 1, Lot 24, SDS Trafalgar Township. In modern day terms, it is on the south side of Dundas Street West at Proudfoot Trail, west of the Sixteen Mile Creek. The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society show ...
    Image     This farmhouse was likely on Concession 1, Lot 24, SDS Trafalgar Township. In modern day terms, it is on the south side of Dundas Street West at Proudfoot Trail, west ...
  • 2088 Dundas Street West
    Image       Two photographs of the farmhouse at 2088 Dundas Street West, both taken in 1981 for the Town of Oakville. To see the 2nd photograph, click on "Pages" "Select". The house was likely on Lot 27, Con.1, SDS. In 1816, this was one of the Lots owned by Philip Buck. He ...
    Image     Two photographs of the farmhouse at 2088 Dundas Street West, both taken in 1981 for the Town of Oakville. To see the 2nd photograph, click on "Pages" "Select". The house ...
  • Survey of the Sixteen Mile Creek Hollow, 1847
    Image       1847? Survey of the 16 Mile Creek National Archives NMC 017648
    Image     1847? Survey of the 16 Mile Creek National Archives NMC 017648
  • Howell House, Trafalgar Township
    Image       The Howell families were among the early settlers of Trafalgar Township. The 1841 Census shows that Sampson Howell, farmer, proprieter came to Lot 24, 1st Conc S.D.S. in 1806 and that his wife and 4 children were Canadian born. His relative, John T. Howell, farmer, proprietor, took Lot 23, 1st ...
    Image     The Howell families were among the early settlers of Trafalgar Township. The 1841 Census shows that Sampson Howell, farmer, proprieter came to Lot 24, 1st Conc S.D.S. in 1806 and ...
  • Barnstable Bridge, 2006
    Imagecomment       The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
    Imagecomment     The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
  • Emily Biggar Farmhouse, 3079 Neyagawa Blvd.
    Image       This house was 150 years old when it was demolished to make way for development in 2010. It was a "saltbox" style building. The second photograph in this record was taken at the same time, in about 2009 or 2010, and is of the one remaining outbuilding on the old ...
    Image     This house was 150 years old when it was demolished to make way for development in 2010. It was a "saltbox" style building. The second photograph in this record was ...
  • Sixteen School, S.S. #16, Trafalgar Township
    Image       The teacher is Laura King. She may have been in her late teenage years when this photograph was taken. She would not have taught after her marriage in 1909.
    Image     The teacher is Laura King. She may have been in her late teenage years when this photograph was taken. She would not have taught after her marriage in 1909.
  • 1076 Dundas Street West, 1980s-1990s
    Image       3 photographs taken by the Town of Oakville Heritage Planning of the old farmhouse at 1076 Dundas Street West. View the photographs by clicking on "Pages" "Select". The first photo in the main record was taken in the 1980's, the next was taken in 1981 and the third was taken ...
    Image     3 photographs taken by the Town of Oakville Heritage Planning of the old farmhouse at 1076 Dundas Street West. View the photographs by clicking on "Pages" "Select". The first photo ...
  • Sixteen School, S.S. #16, in May 2015
    Image       In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road. S.S. No. 16 schoolhouse sits on the west bank of the Sixteen Mile ...
    Image     In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, ...
  • Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant, late 1980's
    ImageText       Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant and gas bar was located on the north side of Dundas Street near Fourth Line in Oakville. This photograph was taken sometime in the 1980's. The restaurant was on land owned by the Ukrainian community on the east side of the Sixteen Mile Creek. It had been ...
    ImageText     Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant and gas bar was located on the north side of Dundas Street near Fourth Line in Oakville. This photograph was taken sometime in the 1980's. The restaurant ...
  • King George Arch Bridge Over the Sixteen Mile Creek, Looking West to Kerr St., Oakville, Demolished 1930's
    Imagecomment       This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to make way for the QEW bridge in the 1930's." See the Comments section of this record. The sides of the ...
    Imagecomment     This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to ...
  • Proudfoot's Hollow Archaeology Project, 1989, Halton Region Museum
    ImageText       Halton Region Museum Proudfoot's Hollow Archaeology Project
    ImageText     Halton Region Museum Proudfoot's Hollow Archaeology Project
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit