Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
17
matching items
  • 1967-1968 Photograph of Gordon E. Perdue High School
        A photograph taken by a high school student on the 1967-1968 Yearbook Committee and used in that Yearbook. Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962. It was the first Oakville "composite" highschool, offering students a choice of academic, commercial and technical educations. Typing, for example, was a skill ...
      A photograph taken by a high school student on the 1967-1968 Yearbook ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School 25th Anniversary Programme, 1962 - 1987
        In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical and Vocational Training Agreement with substantial grants for the composite academic, commercial and technical educational facilities. The Oakville Board was ...
      In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1964 Graduation Programme
        Leslie Fenton was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962 and was Oakville's first "composite" school, offering teenagers a choice of an academic, commercial and/or technical education under one roof. Gordon Perdue had worked as a schoolteacher but became general manager of the ...
      Leslie Fenton was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Gordon E. Perdue High ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1963 Graduation Programme
        Valerie Wakeman was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962 and was Oakville's first "composite" school, offering teenagers a choice of an academic, commercial and/or technical education under one roof. Gordon Perdue had worked as a schoolteacher but became general manager of the ...
      Valerie Wakeman was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Gordon E. Perdue High ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1965 Graduation Programme
        Sandra Rock was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Both Sandra and Joan Brewster were Ontario Scholars. Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962 and was Oakville's first "composite" school, offering teenagers a choice of an academic, commercial and/or technical education under one roof. Gordon Perdue had worked as ...
      Sandra Rock was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Both Sandra and Joan ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1966 Graduation Programme
        Of note at these graduation exercises, were the award winners. In particular, the three Ontario scholars Richard Purdy, Vita Linkevicious and Roger Sanders. The linked article tells you more about these three, and the 2016 reunion, which saw 90 people come together, organized by Roger Sanders. David Lea of the ...
      Of note at these graduation exercises, were the award winners. In particular, ...
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1967 Graduation Programme
        David Munro was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Both David and Patricia Sutherland were Ontario Scholars. Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962 and was Oakville's first "composite" school, offering teenagers a choice of an academic, commercial and/or technical education under one roof. Gordon Perdue had worked as ...
      David Munro was Valedictorian at these graduation exercises. Both David and Patricia ...
  • E.A. Orr Public School, 1960's
        The former school, now a retirement home, is located at 380 Sherin Drive, Oakville, Ontario. Mr. E. A. Orr was a Councillor for the Township of Trafalgar ca the 1930's. Charles Oland owned his own studio in Oakville, Ontario. His family lived in "Snow Manor" on Wilson Street. His work ...
      The former school, now a retirement home, is located at 380 Sherin ...
  • Linbrook Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 1079 Linbrook Road, east of Chartwell and south of ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Lorne Skuce Elementary School, 1960's
        This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. In March 1997, a fire destroyed much of the school, arson was thought to be the cause. Lorne L. Skuce was a Superintendent of Public Schools. Ridge Drive runs east off Sixth Line and the school building is ...
      This is Lorne Skuce Elementary School, formerly located on Ridge Drive, Oakville. ...
  • 1967-1968 Gordon E. Perdue High School Yearbook Cover
        A photograph taken by a high school student on the 1967-1968 Yearbook Committee and used for the front cover of that Yearbook. Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962. It was the first Oakville "composite" highschool, offering students a choice of academic, commercial and technical educations. Typing, for ...
      A photograph taken by a high school student on the 1967-1968 Yearbook ...
  • Maple Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Maple Grove contains both the former S.S. No. 12 building on the left as well as the ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Munn's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Daniel Munn, who owned the land around Sixth Line and Dundas Street that eventually became the hamlet ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Pine Grove Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 529 Fourth Line south of Speers Road. Charles Oland ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • W.H. Morden Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 180 Morden Road, just north of Rebecca Street in ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Palermo Public School, ca1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The Trafalgar Township village of Palermo was centered around the "Dundas Highway" and Bronte Road in modern-day ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
  • Snider's Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located on Burnhamthorpe Road at Ninth line, north east corner. It ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit