Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
13
matching items
  • The Dick House 6750 Trafalgar Rd.
        Home of Adam and Alexander Dick, circa 1870’s. One of the brothers was so sick that his brother had to go fetch the doctor. He stopped at a neighbour’s house on Derry Rd, and asked a man named MacDougall if he would go and get the doctor while mr. Dick ...
      Home of Adam and Alexander Dick, circa 1870’s. One of the brothers ...
  • Centriller Public School, Bronte, Ontario, 1974
        This photograph shows the back of Centriller Public School in 1974. The school was located near the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte, which is now part of the Town of Oakville, Ontario. The school closed in 1976. This building was the second school, replacing the two ...
      This photograph shows the back of Centriller Public School in 1974. The ...
  • 3371 Trafalgar Road, in the 1970s
        3371 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (Not Designated), "This property has potential cultural heritage value for its historic farmstead, including the c.1820 frame house, and for its associations with Matthew Clements." This property is at ...
      3371 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the ...
  • The White Oak diner
        The White Oak diner, which now occupies the space where Peter Kelley’s Furniture used to be.
      The White Oak diner, which now occupies the space where Peter Kelley’s ...
  • 3371 Trafalgar Road, in May 2015
        In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road. 3371 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the Register ...
      In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society ...
  • Remains Of Advertising Mural
        In the late 1970’s when this photo was taken, the side wall of the McGregor Hardware Store, with its murals advertising the store, was still visible. As the area has been built up however, the wall has been blocked from view.
      In the late 1970’s when this photo was taken, the side wall ...
  • 7435 Ninth Line Designated "Allie House" by Mississauga Heritage.
        Mississauga Heritage titles this house as, "Allie House, Frame Addition, Lisgar, Meadowvale". The house was built in 1868 in Trafalgar Township and is shown in the 1877 Historical Atlas as sitting on the west half of Lot 14, Concession 10. It is a two storey red brick L-shaped plan house.
      Mississauga Heritage titles this house as, "Allie House, Frame Addition, Lisgar, Meadowvale". ...
  • 1124 Britannia Road, Milton, Ontario, in May 2015
        In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road. While we were at it, we photographed this lovely old house.
      In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society ...
  • Kingsholm Farm/Kaitting House on Dundas St. W. July 23, 2009
        Kaitting House, Concession 1 NDS, Lot 18, Trafalgar Township, 237 Dundas Street West, Oakville, Ontario. "There was a fire set at the Kaitting House on Dundas just west of Sixth Line. There are only 3 exterior walls left standing. The interior is completely gone. The developer had requested permission in ...
      Kaitting House, Concession 1 NDS, Lot 18, Trafalgar Township, 237 Dundas Street ...
  • James Appelbe House. View of Trafalgar, Northwest corner of the Intersection of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street, Trafalgar Township
        A view across the fields to the farmhouse and farm buildings, on the northwest corner of the intersection of Dundas Street and Trafalgar Road. This is the James Appelbe house that is being preserved (as of 2016). The photograph is undated but the barn and outbuildings have been demolished now. ...
      A view across the fields to the farmhouse and farm buildings, on ...
  • Trafalgar Township Hall, ca1940
        Trafalgar Township Hall
      Trafalgar Township Hall
  • James Appelbe House, 257 Dundas Street East
        This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was built in 1850 by James Appelbe who emigrated from Ireland in 1815 with his widowed mother and older brother, William. James was apprenticed to a merchant in Hamilton and later taught school. In 1831 he married Jemima (Kaitting) ...
      This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was ...
  • 3048 Trafalgar Road, in May 2015
        In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road. 3048 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the Register ...
      In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit