Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
13
matching items
  • Royal Mail Van in Milton, Ontario.
        A mail delivery van photographed in Milton, Ontario. Notice the "Livery" sign on the house: Livery ; For Hire ; Horse ; Truck ; Touring ; Phone 52. Perhaps that is the proprietor standing under the sign. The delivery van has "Royal Mail ; GR (perhaps for George Rex or ...
      A mail delivery van photographed in Milton, Ontario. Notice the "Livery" sign ...
  • Halton County Council, 1948
        Halton County Council, 1948
      Halton County Council, 1948
  • Wilbert and Clara Biggar
        The parents of Wilbert and Clara Biggar were Hettie and Albert who were married on January 17, 1883 in the Methodist Church at Munn's Corners, Trafalgar Township, Halton County. In 1898, Albert and Hettie built the lovely brick house on the family farm property, Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar ...
      The parents of Wilbert and Clara Biggar were Hettie and Albert who ...
  • 1901-1954 50th Anniversary Historical Review Halton District Women's Institute
        The first Women's Institute was organized in Stoney Creek in 1897. Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless was the inspiration and the motto was "For Home and Country". This 50th Anniversary pamphlet gives a history of the Halton District Women's Institute as well as inauguration information about local branches. It was the Palermo ...
      The first Women's Institute was organized in Stoney Creek in 1897. Mrs. ...
  • NE Corner Britannia & Bronte, Halton County, in May 2015
        Two photographs of the building on the north-east corner of Britannia Road and Bronte Road, Milton, Ontario. Halton Region is expanding Bronte Road, RR 25, to be 4 lanes up to Britannia Road, and Britannia is also being improved as a transportation corridor. Click on "Select" "Pages" to see the ...
      Two photographs of the building on the north-east corner of Britannia Road ...
  • 2002 Aerial Photographs of the Sixteen Mile Creek At Dundas Street
        The main photograph looks north up the 16 Mile Creek, showing the bridge across Dundas Street. You can see the lane to Knox Sixteen Presebyterian Church and down to the Lions Park on the southeast side of the bridge. At the time, development had just started on the east side ...
      The main photograph looks north up the 16 Mile Creek, showing the ...
  • Martin Street, Milton, ca1914
        This postcard dating ca 1914, is labelled,"Martin St. South Milton Ont." However, a viewer of the photograph in 2015 suggests, "based on the shadow of the poles as well as no view in sight of the intersection to Main Street, this is a view of Martin St. looking north. (As ...
      This postcard dating ca 1914, is labelled,"Martin St. South Milton Ont." However, ...
  • Reeve Biggar 1950
        Wilbert H. Biggar, Reeve of Trafalgar, speaking at the opening of a new addition to the Oakville Trafalgar Highschool in 1950. Wilbert retired as Trafalgar Reeve at the end of 1950 according to a December 14, 1950 article in the Acton Free Press. The Oakville Highschool was located on Reynolds ...
      Wilbert H. Biggar, Reeve of Trafalgar, speaking at the opening of a ...
  • 1880-81 Wesleyan Female College Annual Catalogue
        This catalogue for the Wesleyan Female College showing the students enrolled, past graduates and the curriculum for the young ladies is part of the Bigger/Munn family collections. Miss Henrietta E. Munn, as she is listed in the catalogue, was studying at the school in the 1880-81 session. The following young ...
      This catalogue for the Wesleyan Female College showing the students enrolled, past ...
  • Ethel and Wilbert Biggar Going to Reeve's Convention
        Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve. His father, Michael L. Bigger had been the Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council earlier in 1890-1891. This photograph is undated but documents show Wilbert was Reeve in the 1940s, and likely through the 1950's.
      Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve. His father, Michael ...
  • Palermo Public School, 1967-1968, A.M. Kindergarten Class
        Palermo Public School KGN. AM RM.4 1967-68
      Palermo Public School KGN. AM RM.4 1967-68
  • The Allan Dixon Family
        The Allan Dixon family in 1940 at Limestone Hall, home of Lorne and Laura Dixon, and Guy Dixon, Lot 8, Concession 5, Nelson Township. This is just northeast of Lowville, close to Britannia and Walkers Line. Left to right; Jean (Alderson) Dixon, William McLean, Priscilla Dixon, John Dixon, Margaret Dixon, ...
      The Allan Dixon family in 1940 at Limestone Hall, home of Lorne ...
  • Painting of Harvey Morris Switzer by F.M. Bell Smith
        Harvey Switzer, Captain and Paymaster in the 20th Halton Battalion, the volunteer militia of Halton County. For more information about Harvey Switzer, his life and family, click on the link under the image in this record. The artist was Frederic Marlett Bell Smith. The internet sometimes has his surname as ...
      Harvey Switzer, Captain and Paymaster in the 20th Halton Battalion, the volunteer ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit