Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
23
matching items
  • Gary Askin at Glenorchy Bridge
        The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton and Lisgar in Trafalgar Township. The children attended S.S. #14, Glenorchy School and the family lived on Lot 21, Con.2 NDS, or at Fourth Line near Lower Base Line, near the east branch of the Sixteen Mile Creek. ...
      The Askin family were early settlers in the area of Glenorchy, Agerton ...
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
        The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely a few months after it was taken). The truck was guided onto Fourth Line, an unsuitable route for a truck, ...
      The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and ...
  • Eli Askin Funeral Card
        Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 years. The Funeral Service will be held at his late residence, 4th line, Glenorky, on Wednesday afternoon, december 2nd, at 1 o'clock. Interment in St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville. Friends and acquaintances will please accept this intimation.
      Died at Glenorky, on Sunday, November 29th, 1914 Eli Askin aged 87 ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 showing the shed over the well
        The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". The building shown here is the shed protecting the well, the school building can faintly be seen behind it ...
      The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the ...
  • 3527 Fourth Line, 1991
        Town of Oakville records indicate that this farmhouse was built around 1860 on Concession 1 NDS Lot 20 in the area of Glenorchy, Halton County in the former Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. It was associated with the families of J. Rorke and Charles H. Bigger. Fourth Line ran between ...
      Town of Oakville records indicate that this farmhouse was built around 1860 ...
  • 4414 Fourth Line, 1991
        2 photographs of 4414 Fourth Line. Town of Oakville records indicate it was built around 1900 on Concession 2 NDS Lot 22. Before it was demolished, it was used as an outbuilding for the Oakville Executive golf course, Lower Base Line and Fourth Line. Fourth Line ran between Lots 20 ...
      2 photographs of 4414 Fourth Line. Town of Oakville records indicate it ...
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1977
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1980's
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1990
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
  • Likely 4116 Fourth Line, 1991
        The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, "4166 Fourth Line" but the current Heritage Planner believes it is more likely 4116 Fourth Line. She knows the house was located at Concession 2 NDS, Part of Lots 21 and 22. This, of course, is in the ...
      The Town of Oakville has the photographs of this house labelled as, ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar in 1948
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school. A small building on the site ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
        Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that ...
      Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the ...
  • Slacer Family
        l-r Back row, May, William, Minnie, Dolly, Annie, Johnny. Front row, Arthur, Martha (nee Ludlow), John, Christine. Martha's parents were George LUDLOW, b.1805 in England, married Frances CRUISE, b.1815 Ireland. They married in 1835 in Trafalgar Twp. Martha's siblings: Jennie b.1838 married Samuel DEARING Martha b.1843 married John SLACER Mary ...
      l-r Back row, May, William, Minnie, Dolly, Annie, Johnny. Front row, Arthur, ...
  • Exterior and Interior of the Ludlow/Slacer Log Cabin, 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West
        2 photographs in this record show the interior of the 1830's log cabin at 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West in Halton County. The 3rd photograph shows the exterior of the old house. The cabin was built on Lot 25, Concession 2 NDS, at the end of Burnhamthorpe Rd., west of Trafalgar ...
      2 photographs in this record show the interior of the 1830's log ...
  • Glenorchy Bridge Construction, mid1980's
        Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Glenorchy sometime in the 1980's. This was the second bridge to be built here. It was built on the same abutments as the first, but in 2001, the crossing became a bicycle/pedestrian crossing only as the area is ...
      Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at ...
  • S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966. S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. There ...
      Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower ...
  • Repairing the Base of the Spillway, Fourteen Mile Creek at Dundas, October 2018
        Although the base of the Creek spillway was rebuilt only two years ago when the entire street was revamped, the intense, short downpours we now experience require repairs and changes to handle the water flowing out of the dam pond under Dundas Street. At our last "Archives Open" of 2018, ...
      Although the base of the Creek spillway was rebuilt only two years ...
  • Frances Ludlow (nee Cruise)
        The CRUISE family are listed in the 1828 census of Grimsby Township, Lincoln County. The father of daughter Frances, was George CRUISE. The family moved to Trafalgar Township where Frances married George Ludlow. They homesteaded in the area of Glenorchy, raising their family in an 1830's era log cabin. George ...
      The CRUISE family are listed in the 1828 census of Grimsby Township, ...
  • S.S. #14, Glenorchy School Children, 1930's
        The annual photograph of students attending Glenorchy School sometime in the mid to late 1930's. The schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". In the front row right on the ...
      The annual photograph of students attending Glenorchy School sometime in the mid ...
  • Glenorchy Village Sign, 1991
        Welcome to Glenorchy. Population 18. Est. 1837
      Welcome to Glenorchy. Population 18. Est. 1837
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit