Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
14
matching items
  • Bethel United Church
        Bethel Church. Built in year 1914. Donated by A.G. McNabb 1953
      Bethel Church. Built in year 1914. Donated by A.G. McNabb 1953
  • Barn on Picket Farm, 1988
        Barn on the Picket farm, north of Eglinton in Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. Photograph taken in 1988.
      Barn on the Picket farm, north of Eglinton in Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. ...
  • Ruth Brownridge, Lillian Brownridge, Teachers at Percy W. Merry Public School, 1950's
        Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed and the children bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at Drumquin. Lillian, on the left, and Ruth, on the ...
      Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated ...
  • Joseph and Ann (Bailey) Hall, Drumquin
        For a month in 1885, the Hall family of Joe and Ann entertained four young visitors from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Twins Alice and James Bown, their older sister, Jennie and their cousin, James Bailey, were greeted at the Oakville train station by their cousin Joe (junior) Hall, and driven to be ...
      For a month in 1885, the Hall family of Joe and Ann ...
  • The Ball Brothers Farm
        Ball Bros Farm. Drive shed and old milk house. Winter 1972.
      Ball Bros Farm. Drive shed and old milk house. Winter 1972.
  • Students At Coyne, Circa 1950
        Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank of the ...
      Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base ...
  • "Adventures of the American Four Among the Pine Stumps of Canada", 1885 Diary of Visit to the Hall Family, Drumquin
        For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin to visit their Hall family relatives. James Fremont Bailey kept a journal of their visit, recording their activities, the people they met and providing us with a wonderful glimpse into the daily as well as social life of ...
      For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin ...
  • Percy W. Merry School, Grade 4, 1967-68
        Bottom to top: Front row, 3rd from left is Bob Peters. 2nd row far right is Bonnie Douglas. 3rd row, 5th person from left is David Hadfield,7th is Glen Plant, far right is Tommy Marchment (Marchment Welding). Back row, 6th over is Harold Wagner, Teacher is Ms. Cherrington. In Bob's ...
      Bottom to top: Front row, 3rd from left is Bob Peters. 2nd ...
  • Bethel United Church
        The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton Historical Society, c2002. It is also from the note by longtime church member and historian, Ross Wark, in the Winter ...
      The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's ...
  • S.S.#9, Coyne School Picnic
        Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank ...
      Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of ...
  • "The American Four" Who Visited The Hall Farm, Drumquin, in 1885
        For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin to visit their Hall family relatives. James Fremont Bailey kept a journal of their visit, recording their activities in great detail, the people they met and providing us with a wonderful glimpse into the daily as well as ...
      For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin ...
  • Percy W. Merry Public School, Grade 1, 1968/69
        Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed and the children bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at 263 Britannia Rd. E., just west of Trafalgar Road, ...
      Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated ...
  • Coyne School 1950-51, Grades 6 & 7.
        Grade 6 & 7 at Coyne's School in 1951. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end ...
      Grade 6 & 7 at Coyne's School in 1951. Coyne Public School, ...
  • Coyne Public School, S.S. #9
        Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge who taught all 8 grades for many years, and her students. The original school, a log building, was built in ...
      Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit