Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
13
matching items
  • Jacquelyn's Bridge, 1916
        Front of postcard: "Jacquelyn's Bridge, Oakville". Verso: PRIVATE POSTCARD ; 10/18/16 ; THIS SPACE MAY BE USED FOR MESSAGES ; One of the old time bridges outside Oakville Town. These are fast disappearing to make room for new ones suited to automobile traffic."
      Front of postcard: "Jacquelyn's Bridge, Oakville". Verso: PRIVATE POSTCARD ; 10/18/16 ; ...
  • 3rd Line Underpass
        New underpass 3rd line looking north at QEW bridge aug 5, 1985.
      New underpass 3rd line looking north at QEW bridge aug 5, 1985.
  • Harbour Scene, Oakville Ontario
        This image of the Oakville Harbour likely shows the old bridge across Lakeshore Rd. (Originally Colborne St.), however this is not confirmed.
      This image of the Oakville Harbour likely shows the old bridge across ...
  • Barnstable Bridge, 2006
        The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
      The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek ...
  • Glenorchy Bridge Construction, mid1980's
        Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Glenorchy sometime in the 1980's. This was the second bridge to be built here. It was built on the same abutments as the first, but in 2001, the crossing became a bicycle/pedestrian crossing only as the area is ...
      Construction of the level bridge crossing of the Sixteen Mile Creek at ...
  • S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966. S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. There ...
      Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower ...
  • Twelve Mile Creek Bridge, 1921
        The first cars on the new Dundas Street bridge over Twelve Mile Creek (Bronte Creek), 1921. The following information is taken from the 2010 Halton Region Cultural Heritage Investigation, Appendix F: Several bridge structures have probably spanned Twelve Mile Creek, now Bronte Creek, at Dundas Street from the early part ...
      The first cars on the new Dundas Street bridge over Twelve Mile ...
  • Lawn at Cedar Croft Motorcourt, 1965.
        Cedar Croft comprised two adjoining businesses; Cedar Croft Cabins and Cedar Croft Motorcourt, both owned and operated by the Powley family. Cedar Croft, with it’s green lawns and interesting topiary, was a landmark which people would watch for on the bus from Hamilton. The stone bridge and wooden bench in ...
      Cedar Croft comprised two adjoining businesses; Cedar Croft Cabins and Cedar Croft ...
  • Postcard: Radial Bridge and Public School, Oakville, Ont., Canada
        Radial Bridge and Public School Oakville, Ont., Canada Verso: The Valentine & Sons Publishing Co., Ltd. Montreal and Toronto
      Radial Bridge and Public School Oakville, Ont., Canada Verso: The Valentine & ...
  • King George Arch Bridge Over the Sixteen Mile Creek, Looking West to Kerr St., Oakville, Demolished 1930's
        This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to make way for the QEW bridge in the 1930's." See the Comments section of this record. The sides of the ...
      This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George ...
  • The Oakville Harbour
        ...
      ...
  • The Old Middle Road Bridge Over Bronte Creek, ca1939-1940
        The old iron bridge, looking south from the new Merton bridge (Middle Rd.) & beneath it, the swimming hole. Circa 1939-1940 upon completion of the new QEW bridge. Lot 30 Con. 111 SDS (looking south from the road allowance, i.e. the line between Con. 11 & Con. 111.) Source, George ...
      The old iron bridge, looking south from the new Merton bridge (Middle ...
  • Glenorchy Bridge, Circa 1900
        The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Halton County. The site is particularly remembered for the old school which had been built nearby in the river floodplain - people remember the river ice pushing up against ...
      The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit