Cliffview Farm - Francis Joseph Battle, ca1940
- Mystery Question:
Where exactly was Cliffview Farm in Oakville?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Francis Joseph Battle was manager of the farm at Cliffview Farm for the Mayer family. He was from Vernon, Michigan and at age 24 had married Mildred L. O'Brien on September 1, 1924 in Port Credit, now in Mississauga, at the time called Toronto Township. His parents were Francis Battle and Elizabeth O'Connell.
- The newspaper death notice for George W. Mayer who died at Cliffview Farm, Oakville on Friday, October 4, 1935 appeared in the Canadian Champion. A similar notice appeared in the Acton Free Press including his age of 81 years old when he died. This means his birth date was in 1854. A notice also appeared in the Oakville Star & Independent but they had his name and death date wrong. It is possible that George W. Mayer's father was John Mayer as per the 1911 Census.
- Personal Name(s):
- Mayer Family.
George W. Mayer, b.1854 d.1935.
Francis Joseph Battle.
Mildred L. (O'Brien) Battle.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Cliffview Farm - Francis Joseph Battle, ca1940
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton