Boyne School 70th Annual Anniversary, July 1939
- The Panorama Co. 143 Yorkville Ave. Toronto, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Panoramic photograph of the Boyne School 70th Anniversary. This school is located at 6035 Regional Road 25 in the old hamlet of Boyne. Myrle Lawrence in front row, near right side, hugging knees. Her father Melvin Lawrence is in back row, isolated in front of building and white panel, wearing white shirt.
The school was closed in 1957.
- There was a school operating in Boyne as early as 1835. The 1861 Census Return shows a wood frame schoolhouse for which the land had been established in 1857, the
west half of Lot 6, Concession 3 NS.
The present brick schoolhouse, described as being "a very handsome brick school house" was erected in 1869 (as is evidenced by this 70th annual anniversary photograph).
The Town of Milton had a report prepared in 2010 which provides more information on Boyne, historic structures still standing and the school which is linked here. In particular, see page 35 and Appendix page B17. There is also a brief architectural description of the school in the report.
- Centre front of photograph: Boyne School 70th Annual Reunion July 8, 1939.
Right side, lower corner: The Panorama Co. 143 Yorkville Ave. Toronto
- Date of Original:
- July 8, 1939
Width: 400 px
Height: 73 px
- Personal Name(s):
- Melville Lawrence.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Boyne School 70th Anniversary, July 1939
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton