3565 Lakeshore Road, Oakville, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- When photographed, the owner of the house was Mr. G. Gibson of 6 Truman Ave., New Toronto. The tenant was Mr. Collins. The house is noted as ca1860, Gothic Revival.
The address on the Parks Canada blue card is "3565 Lakeshore Road West" but it was actually at Ford Drive and Lakeshore Road which puts it in Oakville East on Lakeshore Road East. The confusion may have arisen because Mississauga, immediately to the east of Oakville with the boundary road being Winston Churchill Blvd., also labels its roads east and west using Hurontario as their central road. Oakville uses Trafalgar Road as its central road, labelling roads east or west on either side of Trafalgar Road. Dundas, Burnhamthorpe, Derry and Eglinton Roads also can be confusing for this same reason.
Notes on the contact sheet card of images explain that the 3rd photograph in this record shows the rear of the house, and the photo with the car shows the east side with the car parked near the house front.
Click on "Pages" "Select" to view the photographs.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 0617700103565. Province is 06, Negative is 00ZDD17. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 0617700103565.
- Date Of Event
- January 8, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4753717529317 Longitude: -79.6357774943543
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 3565 Lakeshore Road, Oakville, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton