3151 Upper Middle Road West, Oakville, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The builder of the farmhouse at 3151 Upper Middle Road West was Mr. Inglehart in 1850. When the Parks Canada photographs were taken, the Ontario Government Department of Public Works owned the property and the house tenant was T.J. Broughton.
The Inglehart family was prominent in the area of Upper Middle and Bronte Roads when this house was built. H.H. Inglehart and P.J. Inglehart were on Lots 31 and 32, Con 1 in 1877.
This house address, 3151 Upper Middle Road, was west of Colonel William Parkway, now in Bronte Creek Provincial Park.
Click on "Pages" "Select" to view the photographs.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 0617700480315. Province is 06, Negative is 00Zy25. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 0617700480315.
- Date Of Event
- January 4, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4200003048668 Longitude: -79.7623252490234
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 3151 Upper Middle Road West, Oakville, Ontario, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton