2347 Royal Windsor Drive, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Mrs. Nielsen was the owner at the time of photographing. The house was estimated to have been built in 1870. The building style noted, "Gothic Revival".
The house is still there, just east of the Rona at Royal Windsor and Ford Drive, used in a business.
The November 2013 Oakville Heritage Impact Report by ATA Architects, Inc., Appendix B has information about this farmhouse at Part Lot 2 Con 2 Trafalgar SDS as in 21191 except PM582; S.T 21191; Oakville.
It was once part of the spread-out village of Sheridan, Trafalgar Township. It is the last remaining Sheridan house, virtually a ruin with extensive damage. The original 200 acres were bought and sold many times - in parts - from 1837 to date. Notable owner was Mary (Varley) Neilsen and her husband Alfred who bought it in 1946. Mary spearheaded the history of the Sheridan-Park Royal United Church, "Thy Humble Dwelling" which booklet is a wonderful history of the village of Sheridan, Trafalgar Township.
Click on "Pages" "Select" to view the photographs.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177003602347. Province is 06, Negative is 00Zy1?3?, not clear. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the blue card back with ownership information, the code is repeated: 06177003602347.
- Date Of Event
- December 22, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4911277456068 Longitude: -79.6516990870667
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2347 Royal Windsor Drive, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton