159 Balsam Drive, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Laurie Smith Heritage Consulting report, Balsam Drive Streetscape includes this address, listing "Patrick's House" as it was called, a frame house built in about 1852. It is Listed on the Town of Oakville Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (Not Designated). Estimated construction date is 1852.
Balsam Drive was previously named Central Avenue. A report by Laurie Smith Heritage Consulting, Balsam Drive Streetscape is linked here for your information. Starting on page 8, is the history of the land settlement and information on the heritage houses on the street. Only 3 of which Parks Canada included in this project.
Parks Canada recorded the owner as C. Walls (Charlie and Doris Walls). The house was estimated to have been built in 1851.
The Parks Canada photographs are quite dark so have been digitally lightened to try and show the texture of the house materials and its features.
- Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177002500159. Province is 06, Negative is 060zDD 1-Team 3 Roll.
On the card verso: 06177002500159.
- Date Of Event
- March 28, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4536927650714 Longitude: -79.6631145686341
- Parks Canada
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 159 Balsam Drive, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton