2491 Bronte Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 6 photographs as well as both sides of the blue contact sheet card are included in this record. Click on "Select" "Pages" to view these.
At the time of photographing, the owner was Ms. McFeeters. Date of construction was estimated to be 1875.
Ella M.D. (Pell) McFeeters (1909-2006) married Gordon A. McFeeters (1905-1948). Ms. McFeeters later married Ray W. Kidney (1908-1978). The family is buried in the Palermo Cemetery.
No information appears for #2491 (Old) Bronte Road in the December 2011 Old Bronte Road/Khalsa Gate report by the Town of Oakville. This report is linked here for your further information about the changes in Second Line aka Bronte Road aka Highway 25 aka Regional Road 25 and the historic Palermo buildings, see pages 19 and 20.
However, a red brick house with this address is visible on the internet, construction estimated to be about the 1920's. Only the front of the house shows, perhaps a side view would show the older building at this address is indeed the same.
- In 1971-1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177002202491. Province is 06, Negative is 0zy22. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the card verso: 06177002202491
- Date Of Event
- December 31, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2491 Bronte Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton