230 South Service Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Parks Canada was only able to estimate the street address of this farmhouse. 230 South Service Road is not enough to pinpoint the location. It could be either east or west of Trafalgar Road. The land has been greatly altered which complicates the issue.
To the west, the South Service Road goes from Trafalgar Road west to Lyons Lane. East of Trafalgar Road, it goes over to the old "Town Line" boundary road with the County of Peel which is and was, Winston Churchill Blvd. It curves up at the Ford plant to The Canadian Road, and then on to Royal Windsor Drive.
Therefore, the Geographic location has just been set to the generic Oakville town centre in this record.
4 photographs of different aspects of the house as well as the two index card sides are included in this record. Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card which shows all the photographs taken.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Front of card: Province: 061 Geocode:770040 CIHB: 00230
Province: 06 Neg: 002Y17
NPC 464(9-701) 7530-21-029-3938
Back of card: (est) 230 Service Road South
Present Owner: Mr. Gregory.
Date Built: 1865 est.
Date of Survey: Dec. 22/71
- Date Of Event
- December 22, 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 230 South Service Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings,1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton