2514 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type
- Item Type
- At the time of photographing, Parks Canada found that the owner was Mr. McGill. They estimated the house had been built in 1865.
The farmhouse was just east of today's Old Bronte Road and Khalsa Gate on the south side of Dundas Street, Oakville on on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township.
According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society, Charles Teetzel owned this land. 65 acres were cultivated, 25 not. He sold a parcel of it in 1818 for a school, meeting house and cemetery as per the Fall 2008 TTHS Newsletter. We have another record with several photographs of the farmhouse taken for the Town of Oakville in 1977 and 1991 in our internet collection.
5 photographs of different aspects of the house as well as the two index card sides are included in this record. Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card which shows all the photographs taken. Not all are uploaded but can be requested.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177001702514. Province is 06, Negative is 0zy24. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938
On the card verso: 06177001702514
- Date Of Event
- January 4, 1972
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2514 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton