Maple Grove Public School, 1960's
- Charles H. Osland, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdiction. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. Maple Grove contains both the former S.S. No. 12 building on the left as well as the "modern" addition stretching out to the right in this photograph.
This school is located at 288 Maple Grove Drive, Oakville, Ontario.
Charles Oland owned his own studio in Oakville, Ontario. His family lived in "Snow Manor" on Wilson Street. His work also appeared in local newspapers in the 1950's and 1960's.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4730671724271 Longitude: -79.6509480685425
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Maple Grove Public School, ca1960's
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton