92 Chartwell Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Six photographs of different aspects of the house as well as the two index card sides are included in this record. Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card which shows all the photographs taken.
At the time of photographing, the house was estimated by Parks Canada to have been built in 1864. They labelled the building style "Gothic Revival".
The house and property were called "Knightsbridge" by owners Mr. and Mrs. G. Davies.
92 Chartwell Road is a "listed" house on the Town of Oakville, Section F, Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (NOT Designated). The listing says "Knightsbridge - this property has potential cultural heritage value for its c.1864 for its vernacular stucco house."
A link to the website for the Heritage Properties of the Town of Oakville is under the photograph in this record for your further information.
The photograph of the handwritten clipboard held up at the time of photographing is unfortunately illegible so we don't know if this photograph was done in December 1971, January 1972 or even up to August 1972. These are the dates on the Parks Canada other Chartwell Road houses in the series.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs in the area of Trafalgar Township and the city of Oakville, Ontario. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Coding on the front of the card: 06177002000092. Province is 06, Negative is 02DD. Underneath is written "6 Team 2". NPC 464(19-701) 7530-21-029-3938
On the card verso: 06177002000092
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- December 1971
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4537223530751 Longitude: -79.6586889237595
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 92 Chartwell Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
- Acknowledgement to the work of Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972, Trafalgar Township and Oakville, and of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society is required.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton