1388 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Click on "Select Pages" above to view the 1388 Dundas Street West house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card.
At the time of the Parks Canada photographs, a tenant named Mr. Steele lived in the house which was owned by Mr. C.H. Norton. Mr. Norton dwelled himself at 5401 Dundas Street.
The estimated date of building was 1850.
It's location was just east of the present-day Proudfoot Trail south of Dundas Street in Oakville, Ontario.
Our collection has a photograph of the house taken in 1981, linked here for your further information.
The 1988 Bowyers street directory has no listing for the address which means the house had been demolished by that time.
Also linked in this record is an aerial photograph showing the property area in 2018.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find the photographs taken in the Trafalgar Township and Town of Oakville areas. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Front of index card: OU177001701388
Verso: 06177001701388 ; 06 0zy24
- Date Of Event:
- January 4, 1972
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- 1388 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton