- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Walter Ernest Henderson.
Ernest married Minnie Eliza (Stoutt) in York on July 25, 1903.
Ernest and Minnie were very active in area organizations. Minnie with several Women's Institute groups. They were members of the Omagh Presbyterian Church congregation. Ernest was a member of Trafalgar Council from 1953 to 1956, held office with the Halton Conservatives Association, the Orange Lodge, was a member of the Trafalgar Parks Selection Committee. Henderson Road and Henderson Park, site of many memorable summer camps for area children, are named after Ernest.
Ernest built many barns in the area and also built the house which still stands (in 2017) 5th north of Dundas Street on Old Bronte Road in the former Oakville village of Palermo for his daughter Wilma, married to Harry Wilson.
- Personal Name(s):
- Walter Ernest Henderson, b.August 3, 1878 Trafalgar, d.October 13, 1956, Hamilton. Minnie Eliza (Stoutt) Henderson, b.December 5, 1877, d.September 20, 1959. They are buried at Evergreen Cemetery, Milton.
Their daughter was Wilma Maxine (Henderson) Wilson, b.December 29, 1913 d.January 9, 1982.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Ernest Henderson
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton