Transcripts of Documents of the 2nd Regiment of York Militia During the War of 1812. Transcribed and Indexed by Fred Blair, 2nd Edition Published January 26, 2017
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Account books
- This is a transcription of documents from Volumes 16 and 17, two of thirty-nine volumes of pay records and accounts of the Upper Canada Militia during the time of the War of 1812 as transcribed by Fred Blair from the digital document copies published in 2012 on the Collections Canada website.
The 2nd Regiment of York Militia was drawn from men living in the townships of Trafalgar, Toronto, Nelson, East and West Flamborough, Ancaster, Barton, Beverly, and Saltfleet, which mostly formed the western part of York County at that time. These townships later became part of the counties of Peel, Halton, and Wentworth and are now in the area from Oakville to Hamilton. Militia laws at times required all men from 16 to 60 to report for muster duty in the regiment in their area. The muster rolls therefore also served as a partial census of who was living in the area.
For more information by Fred Blair, view his website: War of 1812 Canadian Stories. Fred carefully researches, writes and posts insightful short stories about life in Upper Canada during the War of 1812, how to find primary and secondary source information about the war, indices to primary document collections, and Upper Canada Militia transcripts. Copyright by Fred Blair, 2015-to date. Enquiries welcome at email@example.com A link to his site is included in this record for your further information.
- You can view and download the entire document to your own computer by clicking on the "Original.pdf" icon below the image of the first page here in this record. You can also view each of the 87 pages individually by clicking on "Pages" "Select" and each page number.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- Copyright by Fred Blair, 2015-to date. Enquiries welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommended Citation:
- Transcripts of Documents of the 2nd Regiment of York Militia During the War of 1812. Transcribed and Indexed by Fred Blair, 2nd Edition Published January 26, 2017
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton