2066 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In today's terms, 2066 Dundas Street West is just slightly west of the new Hospital Gate road. It is on the south side of Dundas. This farmhouse was likely on Concession 1, Lot 26 or perhaps Lot 27, SDS Trafalgar Township.
The 1977 photograph is in the main record here, to see the 1991 photograph click on "Pages" "Select".
In 1816, as per the Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society, Lot 26 was held by William Smith who had 94 acres cultivated, 6 not and Lot 27 was owned by Philip Buck with 175 acres cultivated, 25 not. Both men served in the 2nd Regiment of York Militia during the War of 1812.
- Thank you to C. Van Sligtenhorst, Town of Oakville, Heritage Planner, District East/Central Planning Services, for allowing these images to be part of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection. Our intent is to make the information and images widely available for viewing, and for information.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.446559780199 Longitude: -79.7641569848633
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2066 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton