1524 Dundas Street West, 1991
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This farmhouse was likely on Concession 1, Lot 24, SDS Trafalgar Township. In modern day terms, it is on the south side of Dundas Street West at Proudfoot Trail, west of the Sixteen Mile Creek.
The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society show Sampson Howel had lots 23 and 24 of which 246 acres were cultivated, 50 not. Mr. Howel served in the 2nd Regiment of York Militia in the War of 1812.
No date has been noted for this Town of Oakville photograph.
- Thank you to C. Van Sligtenhorst, Town of Oakville, Heritage Planner, District East/Central Planning Services, for allowing this image to be part of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection. Our intent is to make the information and images widely available for viewing, and for information.
- Personal Name(s)
- Sampson Howel
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4570900073421 Longitude: -79.750595736084
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 1524 Dundas Street West, 1991
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton