Photographs of 32 Dundas Street East, Oakville, Ontario in 1977
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 4 photographs of the Munn/Fleming/Hays family farmhouse taken in 1977. At this time, it was owned by the Hays family. It stood at 32 Dundas Street East, Munn's Corners, Oakville (Lot 15 Concession 1 SDS, Dundas and 6th Line), facing Dundas on the south side of the street, just east of the intersection.
As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Planner in 2016: In the 1858 Tremaine Map, this house is shown as a taller brick house. After a fire in the 1930s, much of it was rebuilt with a lower roofline, new windows, etc. The brick quoins remain but the house was quite altered.
We have other images of the house in different eras in our digital collection which your search will readily find.
Area teacher Alexander Fleming, married Millicent Munn on December 30, 1914. They lived with Millie's father (King Henry Munn) on the Munn family farm and raised their family in this house. The family also owned land on Lot 14 1 SDS and Lot 15 1 NDS. Robert Dewart Fleming, son of Alex and Millie, in turn managed the farm and raised his family there.
R.D. Fleming sold the farm in the mid-1950s. It was then owned by the Hays family. The land is now a subdivision.
The second to fourth photographs can be seen by clicking on "Pages" "Select".
- These photographs are in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection courtesy of the Heritage Planner, District East/Central, Town of Oakville.
- Date Of Event
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.480484199756 Longitude: -79.7268742327881
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton