Photographs of 38 Dundas Street West, Oakville, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 5 photographs of 38 Dundas Street West, Concession 1 Lot 16 SDS. This is on the southwest corner of Munn's Corners in Oakville. (Google Maps confuses this with Dundas West, Mississauga. In Oakville, "west" means west of Sixth Line.)
You can also see this house as it was in 1972 when it was photographed by Parks Canada for their Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings. Click on "38 Dundas Street West 1972" link under "other web sites" on the right side of your computer screen.
The 1858 Tremaine's Map shows Samuel Kenney on this Lot and the 1877 county atlas map shows John K. Appelbe, Esq.
There is no date on the photograph in the main record but the rest were taken in the 1970s. The other photographs can be seen by clicking on "Pages" "Select". The side views of the farmhouse show the long room off the back of the house front where the family spent most of their time on household work.
They also show the deterioration of this pretty family house as it changed ownership before demolition for land development.
- These photographs are in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection courtesy of the Heritage Planner, District East/Central, Town of Oakville.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4790517542239 Longitude: -79.7301357989502
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Photographs of 38 Dundas Street West, Oakville, Ontario
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton