Photographs of 1012 Dundas Street East, Oakville, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The photograph in the main record was taken in 1981. The second photograph which can be seen by clicking on "Pages" "Select" was taken in 1991.
1012 Dundas Street East is Concession 1 Lot 10 SDS, or in today's terms at Eighth Line and Dundas Street.
The house at 1012 Dundas Street West in our internet collection looks to be exactly the same building. It is unlikely that Parks Canada erred on the address. Click on the link under the image to see the "East" record. Please use the "Comment" if you can help clarify.
Town of Oakville files note that it was constructed sometime 1818 to 1820 by George Lane. In 1862 according to the Robert Warnock book, A Sketch of the County of Halton Canada West, Lot 10 was occupied/owned by James Mullholland and John Gilby. It was later owned by Joseph Pickering and was known as the Pickering farmhouse. It was demolished in October 2002.
- These photographs are in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection courtesy of the Heritage Planner, District East/Central, Town of Oakville.
- Personal Name(s)
- Lane, George. Pickering, Joseph.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4935135148751 Longitude: -79.7128438571167
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Photographs of 1012 Dundas Street East, Oakville, Ontario
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmailmichelle@tths.caWWW address
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton