2002 Aerial Photographs of the Sixteen Mile Creek At Dundas Street
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The main photograph looks north up the 16 Mile Creek, showing the bridge across Dundas Street. You can see the lane to Knox Sixteen Presebyterian Church and down to the Lions Park on the southeast side of the bridge.
At the time, development had just started on the east side of the "Sixteen hills".
Click on "Pages" "Select" to see the 2nd photograph which is taken from further east, looking north, showing the bridge over to the west. More of the new subdivision on the east side of the Creek is shown along Neyagawa Boulevard.
- These high-resolution photographs are only a few of over 100 that were taken by BP Imaging for the Town of Oakville in 2002. Town of Oakville Heritage Planning has shared these as well as another group of nearly 200 aerial photographs taken in 2005 with the Trafalgar Township Historical Society.
Several other records have been made with a few of the other photographs to this TTHS internet collection but not all have been put on the internet as there are too many. The other selected photographs from the collection are linked together under the "Oakville (including Bronte and the former Trafalgar Township) Aerial Photographs" Groups of Related Records.
All the aerial photographs may be viewed at the TTHS archives where they are digitally stored.
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.66631
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- 2002 Aerial Photographs of the Sixteen Mile Creek At Dundas Street
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton