Company Sergeant Major Leslie Bradley, 1889-1979
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Family histories
- To read the full text of the essay about Leslie, Emery and Charlotte Bradley from Hornby, click on the .pdf icon labelled "Leslie, Emery and Charlotte Bradley" below the picture of the first page of the document.
You can also open each page individually by clicking on "Pages".
Leslie Bradley moved to Lot 12 Concession 7 NDS Trafalgar Township with his family sometime between 1891 and 1901. In 1911, Leslie was 22 years old, one of 8 children at home and working as a farm labourer on the family farm. He started as a member of the 20th Halton Battalion Lorne Rifles militia regiment (H company) but for World War I, this company was dispersed into the 4th Battalion of the 1st Canadian Division, Canadian Expeditionary Force.
Brother Emery also joined the army and sailed from Montreal in May, 1915.
Sister Charlotte, called Lottie, was a registered nurse.
The essay brings the experiences, personalities and lives of these siblings to life. Mention is also made of nephew Roy D. Bradley, Jean Wilson, the McClary sisters, Don Bradley, Bradley's General Store at Postville and Tom Longboat.
- A link to the primary source essay written by Mr. Bob Richardson, mustangbooks.com, on the website http://canadianexpeditionaryforce1914-1919.blogspot.ca/2015_11_01_archive.html is included for your further information.
The neice of the brothers and sisters, Hornby historian Irene Saunders, has added to this text to produce our essay.
Links to several other records about Lesley Bradley and his ownership of the general store at Postville (now the intersection of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street, Oakville) are included for your further information.
- Personal Name(s):
- Leslie E. Bradley, March 15, 1889-July 2, 1979 ; Emery J. Bradley, March 29, 1895-March 12, 1981 ; Charlotte Bradley (called Lottie), married Rob Magloughlen of Tottenham.
Parents were John and Elizabeth Bradley.
Leslie married Jean Elizabeth Wilson, 1903-1977, of Hagersville in 1924.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Company Sergeant Major Leslie Bradley, 1889-1979
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton