Russell Conover Farmhouse, Dundas Street, Trafalgar
- Media Type
- Item Types
- A photograph in the form of a post card of the Conover family at their home on Dundas Street, Trafalgar.
The Conover family home was 1499 Dundas Street East on part of Lot 6 Concession 1 NDS, near today's Ninth Line and Dundas, Oakville.
The people aren't identified, unfortunately. If it is Luena sitting on the rail to our left and Wilmer on the steps, it is likely after Ethel's marriage in 1916, perhaps about 1920.
A link to more information about the Conover family history in the area and their connection to Mississauga and Erindale, is provided for your further information.
- The back of the post card is blank with no descriptive information so it is not included in this record.
- Personal Name(s)
- William Russell Conover, called Russell, was born on December 15, 1851 in Trafalgar Township. He died in 1940 as per his gravestone in the Erindale Cosmopolitan Cemetery in Mississauga. He and Charlotte McGowan married on January 13, 1886. Charlotte McGowan was born on August 1, 1859 in Trafalgar Township. She died on January 15, 1927. Their children were: Mary Ethel, called Ethel, b.February 26, 1888 d.April 3, 1949. Ethel and Wilbert Bigger married on February 26, 1916. Charles Wilmer, called Wilmer, b.February 13, 1891 d.1964. His wife was Eva E. Barber Conover, 1915 - 1992. They are buried at Springcreek Cemetery, Clarkson Road, Mississauga, Ontario. Lottie Luena, called Luena, b.September 4, 1894 d.1986. Luena is buried with her parents at the Cosmopolitan Cemetery, St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale, Mississauga.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.71632
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Russell Conover Farmhouse, Dundas Street, Trafalgart
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton