World War I French Post Card
- Media Type
- Item Types
- A lovely silk hand-stitched and embroidered postcard sent from France by Canadian soldier George Hawkins to his friend in Trafalgar Township, Ruth Cullingworth. These postcards were made by French people trying to exist in the thick of the war to sell to soldiers.
- Dear Ruth, I hope this reaches you as I am not sure of your address??remember when we were on our way from Niagara I got some oranges in a bag with your name. I have intended writing for some time let me know and I will write???9th Brigade M.G. Co 3rd Division France Your Friend Geo. D. Hawkins 193352
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruth Irene Cullingworth, b.August 30, 1898 d.September 16, 1971. Married Frank Ronald Powell, b.October 13, 1891 d.March 25, 1978.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.66631
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- World War I French Post Card (
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton