Oakville Ladies Softball Team 1936
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Members of the Ladies Softball Team, Lakeshore Road League in Oakville, gather for a team photo. They won the Championship in 1936.
Jean Waller, who permitted the reproduction of this photograph by the Trafalgar Township Historical Society in 2008, was born at Seabird House on Kerr Street. Her family home at 371 Pine Ave is now a designated heritage house. Jean's mother died when Jean was very young; Jean helped raised her brothers Harry, Doug, France, Bill, Hubert and her sister, Mame.
Jean met her husband, Edward - called "Chirp" - while playing baseball at Wallace Park. They married in 1938.
Jean played shortstop from 1936-1941. According to the February 2016 Oakville Beaver article about Jean, her softball team and her death, that most fitting tribute, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" was played at her funeral.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Jean Waller, b.1917, m.Edward Waller in 1938, d.May 12, 2015.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4514808221388 Longitude: -79.6701526850891
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Oakville Ladies Softball Team 1936
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton