3048 Trafalgar Road, in May 2015
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road.
3048 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the Register of Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest (Not Designated), for its "potential cultural heritage value for its c.1890 Queen Anne style house and for its associations with Dr. Johnstone and the former hamlet of Trafalgar."
As of March 2019, there is a proposal to retain the house on the site next to a new condominium building. The plan will ensure the house is properly situated and conserved as part of the development, and to designate the house.
The 2015 realty ad focusses on the excellent commercial use value for this property. The house is described as, "Existing 2 storey wood frame house in As-is condition".
This was the home of the family of Dr. J.A. Johnstone. Dr. Johnstone was the verterinary inspector for Halton County. He also served as deputy reeve of Trafalgar Township. He and Hetty are buried in Munn's Cemetery.
- Date Of Event:
- May 2015
- Personal Name(s):
- Dr. John Albert Johnstone, October 4, 1862 - January 17, 1938.
Wife: Henrietta (Hettie) Marcella Laidlaw, 1864-1938.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Ross and Margaret Wark
- Recommended Citation:
- 3048 Trafalgar Road, in May 2015
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton