Glenorchy School, S.S. #14
- Media Type
- Item Type
- S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School, located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road.
You can see the school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school.
The road was often closed to cars in winter, open only in warm weather as it dipped down into the Creek and the hairpin turn took the road up the steep side of the north cliff to Lower Base Line. The road is now only for pedestrians and bicycles as new, safer traffic routes are available.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.76633
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton