Munn's School, S.S. #3A Trafalgar, 1935
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Daniel Munn received the 200 acre land grant of Lot 15, Con. 1 SDS in January 1808. The next year saw a log building that served as both school and church on his property at the south-east corner of 6th Line and Dundas. In 1842, land for a new church and school was deeded by Jordan Munn, a son, on the north side of Dundas Street - where Munn's church is to this day. 1900 saw a new one-room school built east of the pond and farmhouse on the south side of Dundas, between 6th and 7th Lines on the original Munn family grant. In 1955, a larger school was built at 1511 Sixth Line.
- School motto: "Excelsior"
- Date Of Event
- Personal Name(s)
- Left to Right: 1st Row (front row): Mrs. Mannell, Gordon King, Wilson Hoey, Sam McGowan, Illene Forster, Ruth Tyler, Jim Watson, Ralph Fish, Donald King. 2nd Row: Jack gilliard, John Dankew, Ted Malloy, Christena Forster, Reta Burnett, ?, Jean Ryan. 3rd Row: Lorne Bradley, Don Forster, Bruce Forster, Peggy Watson, Marie Burnett, Doris Ryan. 4th Row: ?, Fred Dankew, ?, Bessie McGowan, Frances Ryan, Ena Watson. 5th Row: ?, Helen King, Anne Dankew, Gwyn McGowan. 6th Row: ?, Noel Watson, Marion Orth, Jean King, ?.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4652906313339 Longitude: -79.7546050585938
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Munn's School, S.S. #3A Trafalgar, 1935
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton