Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medal, 1837-1897
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is the 1837 to 1897 Diamond Jubilee Medal celebrating 60 years of the reign of Queen Victoria. The white metal medallion by P.W. Ellis & Co., Medalists, Toronto is in the original box.
The medal is shown in other internet pictures with the brooch pin on the back and the top crest of crossed flags coloured gold. This pin seems to have these in bronze metal.
The P.W. Ellis Co. of Toronto were well-known medalists for many years. Many variants of medals were struck for Victoria's Jubilee and Ellis made this for the Canadian market.
- The medal is privately owned.
- Box lid: Victoria, 1837, 1897, Diamond Jubilee, Queen and Empress.
Medal front: same.
Medal back (not shown): has the crests of the seven Canadian provinces at the time circling down from the Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom, centered around the phrase, "Canada congratulates her queen".
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.78293
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medal, 1837-1897
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton