Women of the King Family, 1939
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The ladies are gathered on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek under the Dundas Street bridge in the summer of 1939. The younger girls have been swimming and paddling in the Creek.
Standing in the back are Laura, Jean Powell and Jessie, along with others. On the right just in front are standing Willa, Jean King, Carol Hopper is in the white blouse and has dark hair, kneeling with dark hair and a white shirt is Muriel (Powell) Gordon, in front are Donna, Babe (real name Summer) and Bunty (real name Noreen Powell).
- George and Polly King had 11 children. They enjoyed many family gatherings over the years on the family farms along Dundas at the Sixteen, and on the Sixteen flats. When they all got together with their children and grandchildren, it was a large gathering.
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Laura (King) Spence, b.December 30, 1884 d. June 6, 1954.
Jessie (Caverhill) King, b.August 11, 1890 d.February 28, 1976.
Willa King, b.april 22, 1928.
Jean King, b.October 26, 1919.
Carol Hopper, b.May 14, 1927.
Donna Hopper, b. September 22, 1929.
Summer, called Babe, b.August 11, 1929 d.January 26, 2002.
Noreen Powell, called Bunty.
Muriel (Gordon) Powell
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Women of the King Family, 1939
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton