Postcard: Walton Memorial United Church, Bronte, Ontario
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white photograph of Walton Memorial United Church.
- Walton was founded in 1850 under the Methodist Episcopal Church in Canada. The original sanctuary was a white wooden church situated at the mouth of Bronte Creek on what was then called Triller Street . It was known as Bronte Methodist. This site had originally been set apart for the Indians. In 1912 it was obvious that the little church was inadequate, especially for the Sunday School. The church was moved across the road and was used while the present brick building was erected as a gift from the Walton Family in memory of their father.
- Commercial printing on front of card: "WALTON MEMORIAL UNITED CHURCH, BRONTE, ONTARIO". Commercial printing on verso: "POST CARD", "CORRESPONDENCE", "ADDRESS", "CANADIAN POST CARD CO. LTD., TORONTO 3, ONT." "A PHOTO CARU". Handwritten on the back of the card: "$8", "J", "HLT".
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Ross and Margaret Wark
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Walton Memorial United Church, Bronte, Ontario
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton