Ron and Ruth Powell Wedding Portrait
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Ron and Ruth married on October 29, 1919. Ron wore glasses for most of his life so this photograph is unusual of him. Ruth and her mother, Mary Anne (Joyce), were notable seamstresses and Ruth's dress and veil reflect their ability.
Ruth and Ron had 3 children born while living near the Sixteen Mile Creek on the farm previously owned by Thomas Caverhill which ran north from what is now Upper Middle Road on the west side of the Creek. Ruth Mary, called Mary, July 19, 1920-May 10, 2006. Muriel Frances, called Muriel, July 5, 1922-December 13, 2010. Ronald Eric, called Ron, b. July 19, 1924. Murray Gordon, called Murray, August 4, 1927, was born after the family moved into Toronto in 1926.
- Ron was also often called by his first name,Frank.
Mary married Thomas Kenyon Harold Choate on June 30, 1948. Mary and Ken lived happily in Ken's home town of Peterborough, Ontario.
Muriel married Kenneth Edward Gordon on April 23, 1949 and they lived happily in Toronto.
Ron married Jean Hastings on September 9, 1950 and they lived happily in Marathon and Caramat, Ontario, and are now near Peterborough, Ontario.
Murray married Marie Ellen Hollins on August 25, 1949 and they lived happily first in Toronto and now in Calgary, Alberta.
- Date of Publication
- 29 Oct 1919
- Personal Name(s)
- Frank Ronald Powell, October 13, 1891-March 25, 1978. Ruth Irene (Cullingworth) Powell, August 30, 1898-September 16, 1971.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.43341 Longitude: -79.66631
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton