J.E Cullingworth Family ca1914
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The family is posing in front of the Cullingworth house on the property of Miss Jemmima Biggar. Joseph managed the farm for Miss Biggar and Mary looked after Miss Biggar and her household. The farm was on the north side of "the Dundas highway", now Dundas St., just east of the Sixteen Mile Creek in Trafalgar Township.
- Joseph died in March 1916 and his son, George, is not in uniform here so we know it was taken before the fall of 1915. Hazel would have been about 10 years old in 1913 and I think she looks a little bit older than that while I think Ruth, (my grandmother) looks to be about 15.
- Place of Publication:
- Trafalgar Township, Ontario
- Date of Publication:
Width: 1216 px
Height: 909 px
- Personal Name(s):
- Joseph Edward Cullingworth (April 29, 1843-March 29, 1916) sits in the centre of his family. Mary Ann (Joyce) Cullingworth (March 11, 1863-March 14, 1932) sits centre left. Standing behind her is their second oldest son, Clare Edward, 1897-1933. Standing centre back is their oldest daughter, Ruth Irene, 1898-1971 (my grandmother). Standing right is the oldest son, George Richard, 1894-1961. Seated in front are Allan Joyce, 1901-1961 and youngest child, Hazel Vera, 1903-1971.
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton