Store and gas station at Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street.
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Store and gas pumps located on the north-west corner of Trafalgar Road (Seventh Line) and Highway #5 (Dundas Street). The photograph was taken in 1940.
There were several stores at this intersection. This was one of two on the southwest corner. This one was managed by the Dent family in the 1950's and into their old age. It had the B-A (British American) gas pumps. Bill Dent and his family lived in Glenorchy.
The store and post office next door was originally that of James Appelbe, also called Squire Appelbe. In 1925, it was owned by Leslie Bradley, prior to that the Carpenter family had it.
- The hamlet at this intersection was first called Post's Corners, then Postville.
For more information on the history and development of this intersection, please see the link here to "Early Ward 5 History" by the Trafalgar Township Historical Society.
- Both store and gas station where located on the N.W. corner of Trafalgar Rd., and Dundas Street...c. 1940.
Original pictures loaned to me by Aunt Evelyn Pickering (Ball). Photographer unknown.
- Date of Publication:
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Store and gas station at Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton